Alternative title: Finally Something on My Bedroom Walls After Three Years
Maybe you remember this mirror that’s been hanging out in our hallway for a month or so (it’s actually just a thrift store frame that a $15 Ikea frameless mirror happened to fit into perfectly).
Prior to that in hung in our dining room.
But now it’s filling out a bare bedroom wall quite nicely if I do say so myself.
Ideally the mirror and collage of pictures wouldn’t be wider than the dresser, but I think we all know sometimes tape measurers lie and grossly miscalculate the width of such things (ahem).
The frames I used for the pictures were white initially …
But I knew that could be easily changed. I started by spray painting them with black paint and followed up with some Rub N Buff in Antique Gold. I put the base layer of black on just in case the gold didn’t cover completely or I missed a spot. Like here:
I liked the Rub N Buff but wish I had practiced with it on a scrap piece of wood or something first because it took me a while to get the hang of it. I ultimately found that I got the best coverage by applying it with a paper towel. Redoing all 6 frames was kind of a pain, but I’m happy with the results. And bonus point: it matches the mirror frame quite well.
The only problem was that the mirror switcheroo left my entry mirrorless. Luckily I still had this mirror I picked up at a thrift store for $13 a while back laying around.
And after some glossy black paint, things are looking a little more finished in the entry again too.
I’ll probably rehang it a bit higher in the future, but I
was too lazy didn’t want to screw new anchors into the wall.
Let’s hope it doesn’t take another 3 years to hang something over our (still headboard-less and duvet cover-less) bed!